If you’ve been a long-time reader of Health e-Tips, you know my feelings toward aspirin.
There’s nothing that gets my blood boiling MORE than the idea you should take daily aspirin to prevent a heart attack.
And now, the mainstream’s at it once again!
They have a new ploy to get you taking these useless over-the-counter drugs.
Today, I’m going to make sure you have ALL the information—not just what they want you to see.
And I’ll give you four PROVEN ways to beat pain…without aspirin’s dangerous side effects.
Throw out your bottle of aspirin
If you have a bottle of aspirin sitting in your medicine cabinet, you may want to consider throwing it in the trash.
After decades on the market, we still don’t know the mechanism behind how these drugs work.
What we DO know is the dangerous side effects they can cause, including:
- Stomach ulcers
- Liver and kidney problems
- High blood pressure
- Leg swelling
And that’s only HALF of them!
Yet, the mainstream still thinks some people may benefit from taking low-dose aspirin daily…
In a new study published in Annals of Internal Medicine, researchers analyzed the benefits of aspirin on a group of more than 245,000 heart-healthy New Zealand residents.
In the study, scientists compared each patient’s internal bleeding risk from aspirin with an estimate of how many cardiovascular events aspirin would prevent.
At the end, they found:
- If one cardiovascular event was equivalent to the severity of one major bleed, then 2.5 percent of women and 12 percent of men would likely benefit from daily aspirin.
- If one cardiovascular event was equivalent to the severity of two major bleeds, then 21 percent of women, and 41 percent of men would benefit from daily aspirin.
That SOUNDS like great news… but there are some caveats here.
Aspirin has been proven INEFFECTIVE in countless studies…
In fact, a study published in The Lancet found NO DIFFERENCE between aspirin and a placebo for lowering your stroke risk.
And another recent study found aspirin puts you at risk for a 43 percent increase in major bleeding events.
Folks, there are better solutions out there to protect your heart…
Solutions that actually work!
REAL ways to protect your heart
Rather than subjecting yourself to the dangerous side effects of aspirin… turn to cures from the natural world:
- Willow bark has been used for thousands of years as a natural pain reliever.
- Turmeric – a spice derived from curcumin – has a long list of benefits. It blocks pain AND reduces inflammation.
- Fish oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties and can do wonders for your pain.
- Limbrel is a medical food that has been found to be as effective as over-the-counter painkillers. You will need a prescription to get it.
As always, consult with your doctor to see which natural alternative will work best for you. And if you need a second opinion, consult a holistic doctor.
You can find one near you at https://www.naturopathic.org/.