“Misunderstood” Mineral SLOWS Alzheimer’s?
Once Alzheimer’s disease (AD) takes hold in your brain, the slow-motion nightmare begins…
It can take 20 years or more before AD is officially diagnosed – ample time for its slow, silent march towards destroying your brain.
Conventional doctors will tell you there’s NOTHING they can do for you… essentially, sending you home to fade away and die.
They’re not being cruel – they just have NOTHING to offer.
But research revealed there IS something that could help – a misunderstood mineral that’s shown great promise in preventing and fighting this memory-stealing disease.
One of the Good Guys
When mainstream docs say that nothing can help AD, they mean no prescription drugs.
But it’s not for lack of TRYING.
Big Pharma keeps attempting – and FAILING – to come up with a “miracle” drug that can actually help Alzheimer’s patients… without KILLING too many of them.
Let’s be clear… drug companies are interested in windfall profits, not medical cures.
As a result, millions of AD patients never hear about natural supplements that could do what drugs CAN’T. I’m talking about safe, affordable options – backed by positive clinical research.
And one of the most compelling is the brain-boosting mineral, lithium.
Friend, lithium is one of the most misunderstood “good guys” out there – after all, it’s best known for treating bipolar disorder and other forms of mental illness.
But that’s a different form of the mineral, which is used as a drug when administered in high doses. In contrast, very LOW dose lithium has been used by progressive doctors for decades to help protect brain function.
And it could benefit you, too – especially if you haven’t been diagnosed with AD, but have started experiencing memory loss. That could be a sign of mild cognitive impairment (MCI), the first stage of AD.
Animal and human studies found that very low doses of lithium could potentially protect brain function AND benefit patients already experiencing dementia and Alzheimer’s symptoms.
One 15-month pilot study found that a daily micro-dose (0.3 mg) of lithium helped slow cognitive decline in AD patients.
Other research revealed that long-term micro-doses helped protect against further memory loss and beta-amyloid plaque accumulation.
Plus, another study found that folks who live in areas with high lithium concentrations were 17 percent less likely to develop dementia.
Lithium has been shown to activate stem cell activity and increase energy-producing mitochondria in the brain.
It also helps boost autophagy – programmed cell death – of misfolded brain proteins, linked to cognitive decline.
Protecting Your Brain
Friend, one way to get more lithium is to EAT it, particularly in foods like cereals, potatoes, tomatoes, and cabbage, as well as spices like nutmeg, coriander seeds, or cumin.
It’s ALSO found in drinking water – and unlike toxic lead and arsenic, lithium is recognized for its positive health effects.
But to help an ensure an adequate dose, I recommend taking a supplement.
Good products are available from many companies, including Vital Nutrients, Klaire, and KAL. Typical daily doses are 5 to 10 mg, and sometimes up to 20 mg.
Always speak to your doctor for his approval and dosage recommendations first. You can also consult a psychiatrist or integrative or functional medicine doctor.
Lastly, combining lithium with a healthy diet and lifestyle could preserve brain function and prevent AD damage for many years to come.
One more thing…
In case you missed it, here’s what else we’ve been chatting about this week in e-Tips:
The Colon Cancer Threat Outside Your Window
- There’s something on every corner of your neighborhood – and maybe right outside your window – that may SPIKE your colon cancer risk by 60 percent. Here’s what you need to know.
Lose Your Vision, Lose Your LIFE?
- Dimming eyesight is a common problem in seniors. But even mild vision loss can have dire consequence – it can shorten your life. Get the eye-opening details here.
The Eye Surgery That SAVES Your Brain?
- No one likes having eye surgery. But getting your cataracts removed does a lot more than just restore fading vision – it can protect your brain. Find out more here.
What’s in Your Dog’s Bowl Could Kill YOU
- The food in your dog’s bowl could be deadly for YOU. Learn how to protect yourself while also keeping your dog well-fed, safe, and healthy.
- Sleeping pills can be extremely dangerous for seniors. But a soothing compound found in a plant root can improve sleep and anxiety – like it’s been doing for centuries. Get the relaxing details here.
“Mood Drugs” Before Surgery… a LETHAL Choice?
- If you’re having surgery, taking certain “mood drugs” beforehand can DOUBLE your risk of a brain-impairing condition afterward – or even put you in an early grave. Here’s what you should know before you go under the knife.
“Lithium microdose could stop Alzheimer’s from advancing.” MedicalNewsToday, January 29, 2020. (medicalnewstoday.com/articles/can-lithium-halt-progression-of-alzheimers-disease)