Crunchy Dynamo CRUSHES High Blood Pressure
It’s called a silent killer for a reason.
Because if you have high blood pressure (HBP), you probably DON’T feel any symptoms – at least, at FIRST.
But hypertension is a major trigger of heart disease and heart failure – and the LEADING cause of stroke.
If it doesn’t end up KILLING you, HBP can lead to cognitive decline, kidney damage, vision loss, and more.
Friend, nearly 50 percent of American adults have hypertension — whether they know it or not.
And if they DO know, it’s likely they’re taking dangerous BP drugs – at least until the side effects force many to QUIT.
But there’s a natural solution that can control HBP… an unlikely nutritional powerhouse that could get your numbers close to where you’d like them to be.
STALKING Lower Blood Pressure
Many folks with HBP pressure believe they’re perfectly healthy.
And in fact, it’s normal for your pressure to spike during stressful situations, including one I know plenty about…
“White coat syndrome,” which often occurs in doctor’s offices as the BP cuff tightens over your arm.
Now, if you’ve already been diagnosed with HBP, there’s a good chance you’re taking drugs to control it…
In fact, countless folks are on them, even though they commonly deliver hard-to-take side effects, like dizziness, heart palpitations, weakness, joint pain, erectile dysfunction, and many more.
But I have a safer solution… and it’s one that I think you’ll like a LOT better.
Believe it or not, it’s CELERY.
This humble stalk is low in salt, high in fiber, and rich in potassium and magnesium… which all support cardiovascular health.
Celery also contains a phytochemical called 3-n-butylpthalide (3NB), which can RELAX artery walls. That boosts blood flow, which helps REDUCE blood pressure.
Animal studies have found that 3NB lowered BP up to 14 percent.
And researchers conducted a pilot study on humans after one scientist’s father dramatically reduced his BP after eating a quarter pound of celery every day for a week.
That study involved adults, average age 57, with moderately HBP at baseline. None were on meds to control it.
But after taking 75 mg of celery seed extract twice a day for six weeks, their systolic blood pressure (top number) decreased by nearly 9 points… and their diastolic pressure (bottom number) dropped by 8.5 points.
Packing a Punch – and a Crunch
Friend, as good as celery extract is at reducing blood pressure levels…
Eating the actual vegetable is BETTER – after all, good food truly IS good medicine.
As I told you, it not only contains 3NB, magnesium, and potassium, celery is also packed with healthy fiber.
Plus, it’s delivers a satisfying crunch.
Aim for eating about four stalks per day (it’s a terrific accompaniment to peanut butter)… or about one cup of chopped celery, added to your favorite healthy recipes.
And for an extra boost, losing weight, exercising, and reducing (or better yet, eliminating sugar, carbs, and processed foods) can all help bring your blood pressure to a healthier level.
One more thing… If your BP readings are in the normal range – or at least, normal for YOU – these tips can help them STAY that way.
One more thing…
In case you missed it, here’s what else we’ve been chatting about this week in e-Tips:
- Did you know there are upwards of 100 billion cells linked to cancer in your body right NOW? And if just ONE is triggered, you could be looking at a DREADED diagnosis. Click here to learn more.
- Ladies, if you visit a doctor for a urinary tract infection, there’s a good chance you’ll get the wrong treatment… and stay on it too long. Find out the deadly risks you could face.
- Your immune system is your body’s first line of defense against disease, but you could be wrecking its ability to keep you safe. Discover the lifestyle habits that could put your body at risk.
- You’ve earned the right to live your golden years however you choose. But two lifestyle activities you may enjoy can significantly put your health – and your life – at risk. Get the details here.
- There’s one healthy habit that many seniors don’t do enough. But doing it too much can actually HARM their health. Discover how sometimes, more ISN’T better.
- Like millions of Americans, you could be doing something that can double your risk of kidney stones – and some of the worst pain you’ve ever experienced. Here’s what you need to know.
“Celery May Help Bring Your High Blood Pressure Down.” Cleveland Clinic, December 9, 2020.